Re: [squid-users] Hiding Cache

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:47:10 +1200

Jamie Orzechowski wrote:
> I have TProxy working now but all those "what is my ip" sites are
> still able to detect the cache
>
> http://www.spyber.com is an example ...
>
> Proxy IP detected!
> 66.78.102.3 Whois
> Host: cache-02.ripnet.com
> ISP: RipNET Limited
> Country: (CAN) - Canada
> Region/State: Ontario
> City: Brockville
>
> Any ideas how to make the cache more transparent so these sites are
> unable to detect the cache?

Why? What are you doing that is so illegal it must break HTTP protocol
like that?

Every one of those sites uses different methods to detect the network
paths. When they try hard enough they can identify the proxy by the port
80 routing AS path itself.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1