Re: [squid-users] 3rd email for RPC Over HTTPS issue

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:38:39 +1200

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 22:44:33 +0400, Mario Remy Almeida
<malmeida_at_isaaviation.ae> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is my 3rd email for the below mentioned problem.
> I am writing this email in the hope that someone will reply and say if
> it can be done or not. Just yes or no will do for me so that I know it
> is possible or not.
>
> Successfully configure reverse proxy HTTPS but proxy with RPC Over HTTPS
>
> Squid 2.7STABLE6
> Windows 2008
> Exchange 2007
>
> Having issue with RPC over HTTPS, below is the error message
>
> Attempting to ping RPC Endpoint 6001 (Exchange Information Store) on
> server hubsexchange.airarabiauae.com Failed to ping Endpoint
> Additional Details An RPC Error was thrown by the RPC Runtime. Error
> 1818 1818
>
> Please let me know what could be the problem, some hint.

Many people are successfully using RPC over Squid.
Configured as per
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/OutlookWebAccess

Error 1818 appears to be the problem. I cannot help an further sorry.

This is not a squid issue AFAICT. Look for RPC or exchange documentation.
Or even the MS errors information to find out what that means.

Amos