[squid-users] Computers on my network cannot access internet via Squid cache

From: Mark Lodge <mlodgesa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:47:10 +0200

I have installed debian to run Squid cache as a caching proxy.
Ive been bashing away now for 2 days and i have managed to install squid
(i first tried manually, but that did not work so i used synaptic
software packager to install it (from Administration menu)
That went well, thereafter i installed webamin to work with squid in a GUI

I have managed to start squid and added my range of IP addresses to the
ACL list ( as mentioned here: http://doxfer.com/Webmin/SquidProxyServer )
I have added the proxy restriction too.

Now, i tried to test it.
I opened Iceweasel Web browser (on the same machine) and setit to use
the Proxy server: localhost and port:3128
That works fine.

But when i try to change the proxy setting to my machines ip (where
squid is installed) :
Proxy server: 10.0.0.35 and port:3128
That does not work.
Am i missing something, please help
I then tried to set another windows PC on the network to:
Proxy server: 10.0.0.35 and port:3128
That also does not work.

I also edited the conf file to http_access allow all, but i do not know
if i have doen it correctly, but maybe there is another problem?

I would really appreciate your comments and help
Thank you in advance