Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_auth failure

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:29:55 -0800

Benjamin Fleckenstein wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've tried to set up a connection from a Squid Proxy (Version 2.6.STABLE10) to our AD Server (Windows 2003 Server). I've already tried several commands but there always appears an error. I already checked different forums and manuals but I don't get the connection to work.
>
> For testing the connection I've tried the following command:
>
> ./squid_ldap_auth -R -b "dc=my,dc=domain" -D "cn=username,dc=my,dc=domain" -w "password" -f sAMAccountName=%s -h <<hostname>>:389
> username password
> squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Invalid credentials'
> ERR Invalid credentials
>
> The user and password is correct.

The Wiki shows different options used when querying a Win2k3 server:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Ldap#head-3793850746c1c1e7a0108faa8ae46f33bdd57bd9

I'd suggest trying...

./squid_ldap_auth -v 3 -b "dc=my,dc=domain" -D "cn=username,ou=Generic
User Accounts,dc=my,dc=domain" -w "password" -f sAMAccountName=%s -h
<<hostname>>

...or just going with the Windows AD authentication:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/WindowsActiveDirectory

> I've installed the ADSnapshot Tool to test if the user is able to quering the ldap server. That works!
>
> Does anybody has an idea why I always get that error and what I could try to bring this to work? Could it be a bug or is there something wrong with my query?
>
> For any help any ideas I would be thankful!
>
> Lukas

Chris