Re: [squid-users] SUID as inbound https proxy and out bound http proxy

From: csampath <csampath_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 06:34:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

After configuring the squid , from client to squid the traffic will go in
plain text.

by using a command ssh -L 8080:squidhost:8080 username_at_squidhost we can
establish a secure session from client to squid and handle all the request
and response securely.

Some more insight:-
http://codeidol.com/security/network-security-hack/Secure-Tunnels/Use-a-Squid-Proxy-over-SSH/

Is there any option in squid for secure tunnel? (some thing like client less
ssl vpn)

-Sampath