Re: [squid-users] SUID as inbound https proxy and out bound http proxy

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:23:40 -0800

csampath wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could any one successful in configuring the squid as both inbound and out
> bound proxy?

Are you looking to use one Squid instance as both an accelerator AND a
caching web proxy?

> client)----------------------------------->
> squid------------------------>origin server
> All web traffic should go as https http or
> https |
>

> <------------------------------------squid-------------------------------------|
> response always in https
> http or https

Something bad happened to your diagram.

> Could any one point me to the right configuration ?

Start with...

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/BasicAccelerator

...and add another http_port line, and some http_access rules that allow
your clients to surf places other than the accelerated site.

> Thanks in advance..
>
> -Sampath

Chris