Re: [squid-users] Elapsed Time

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 01:11:39 +1200

Alejandro Martinez wrote:
> Is there any chance to get the elapsed time a user has spent on a site ?
>
> If a user acces a site (ex: www.site.com) at 9:00 am for about 15
> minutes, and then He access again at 12:00 for about another 15 minutes,
> how do I know the total timeelapsed on that site ?
>
> This question is because I've read that if you take the last log access
> - the first log access for that site you can estimate it, but if I do
> that, I have 3 hours and not 30 minutes.
>

> I've seen that SARG show a total time on a site, but is that time true?

No its an estimate based on first and last page visits.

Download time and duration for requests can be found in the log. That
will be what SARG is basing its calculations on.

Most users 'access' a site in the order of a few seconds at a time. The
rest of the time is spent looking at a web browser display completely
offline.

Amos

--
Please be using