[squid-users] TPROXY and wiki article working on CentOS 5.3

From: Ritter, Nicholas <Nicholas.Ritter_at_americantv.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:21:08 -0500

I just started a task to upgrade our CentOS v5-based squid3/tproxy boxes
utilizing the Wiki article that Amos wrote. Everything is working great
and it was actually far easier to setup then it used to be. Amos,
Laszlo, and Krisztian...you are amazing, and I wish to offer my sincere
thanks to you guys for the work and talent that you give to the open
source community.

I am using the following software pieces to accomplish a WCCP-redirected
TPROXY/transparent squid service in combination with Cisco routers:

CentOS 5.3 x86_64
Squid 3.1.0.8
Iptables 1.4.3.2
Kernel 2.6.30

IOS Advanced Security 12.4(15)T8 on a 2811 (as the testbed router/ios
combination)

Amos-

I can either create a new set of steps, this time more detailed and
better tested, for TPROXY/SQUID on CentOS 5.3 to replace the current one
that has my name on it, and/or add some details to the article you
wrote.

Nick