Re: [squid-users] Squid with Squint REporting

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:08:57 +1200

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:11:09 -0500, Dustin Hane
<dustinh_at_postalproducts.com>
wrote:
> Good morning everyone. I know this is a squid-only group, but I'm hoping
> someone can help, since it is related...
>
> I'm currently using Squid 3.18 and using Squint .92 for reporting.
Weekly,

You seem to be missing a zero in the squid version number. But where should
it be:
 3.0.STABLE18 ?
 or 3.1.0.8 ?
 or one particular distros "3.0-18" renamed version?

those are the only 3.*1*8 versions we have at present.

(note the letters "STABLE" are part of the 'number'.)

> monthly, and regen is working as needed. The problem I'm running into is
> the daily regen. Using both a cron job as well as running manually, I'm
> unable to get the daily reports to generate. There is a new field created
> in the webpage reports for the daily logs, but when viewing, it complains
> there "is no data to display". I've checked the raw logs, and yes indeed,
> there is data there. Below are the errors I'm getting when running the
> reports. Other than "called to early", the rest of the errors I get are
> the same when I run weekly and monthly regens. Any advice would be
> appreciated!
>
> -----Begin copy/paste--------------
>
> Input is read from LOGDIR=/var/log/squid3/Old
> Output is written to BASEDIR=/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/squint
> root_at_nsa:/usr/local/bin# squint.cron.sh daily
> Generating report to /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/squint/all/daily from
20090622
> to 20090624
> main::writeusersitereports() called too early to check prototype at
> /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 247.
> main::writeusersitereports() called too early to check prototype at
> /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 341.
> Name "main::messagelog" used only once: possible typo at
> /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.
> Name "main::listlimit" used only once: possible typo at
> /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 168.
> Name "main::peak" used only once: possible typo at
/usr/local/bin/squint.pl
> line 711.
> Name "main::nametofilenamebasehref" used only once: possible typo at
> /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 570.
> Name "main::basedom" used only once: possible typo at
> /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.
> Name "main::basename" used only once: possible typo at
> /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.
> root_at_nsa:/usr/local/bin#

Does look like a code issue. Best to track down someone involved with the
squint code to take a look at it.

Sometimes people find configuration help for related tools here. But code
help for stuff not actually bundled with Squid is very rare.

Amos