[squid-users] Problem with siblings running on different http ports

From: Lu, Roy <rlu_at_FACorelogic.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:28:07 -0700

Dear list,

I have two squid sibling caches in accelerator mode with different http
ports (squid A port 3128 and squid B 3129). Both point to the same back
end origin server. When i used the squidclient to test them, I made sure
squid A has a requested object in cache(TCP_HIT), while squid B does
not(TCP_MISS).
Now when I send a request to B, I can see a message in A's access log
with UDP_MISS status, but the ICP_QUERY url contains B's http port 3129.
So the result is B goes to the backend sever to get the object, instead
of from A.

Why does the ICP_QUERY have the requesting silbling's http port?

Thanks,
Roy
This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by
replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

Thank you.
FACLD