Re: [squid-users] Problem with siblings running on different http ports

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 22:37:30 +0200

fre 2009-06-26 klockan 10:28 -0700 skrev Lu, Roy:

> I have two squid sibling caches in accelerator mode with different http
> ports (squid A port 3128 and squid B 3129).

If these ports are NAT:ed/loadbalanced then see the vport option for
specifying the actual port number.. This avoids issues caused by
repeated URL rewrites from the accelerator mode.

Generally speaking it's a very bad idea to have the accelerator run on a
different port number than the web server. For best results the browsers
should be connecting to the same hostname:port as the backend webserver
thinks it's using. IP addresses may differ obviously.