Re: [squid-users] acl maxconn per file or url

From: Chudy Fernandez <chudy_fernandez_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:50:30 -0700 (PDT)

I think this well help acl maxcon maxconn 4 acl partial rep_header Content-Range .* http_reply_access deny partial maxcon ----- Original Message ---- From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> To: MonzT <Brave_Monz_at_hotmail.com> Cc: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 4:23:50 AM Subject: Re: [squid-users] acl maxconn per file or url sön 2009-06-14 klockan 06:23 +0300 skrev MonzT: > I want to know if there is any way to limit maximum connection per FILE or > URL not just client ip. Not in squid, at least not without first adding the feature. > The usual 'maxconn' command limits connection by ip which is not what we > want in most cases, because some browsers make multiple connections to get > the whole page and this doesn't affect the bandwidth as these connections > are for small objects, Because the user have once installed a "download accelerator".. most these change the registry settings to pretty much unlimited concurrent connections from the default 2.. > the problem is when some one download a 1.5 GB file with 16 connection using > IDM or Flashget or something, Yes. > I think limiting connection per file or requested url will be the best, > so I was wondering if there is any way to achieve this, or any hint to edit > source code Regarding source I think a good starting point is to look at the maxconn acl. The big part is coming up with a method for detecting these concurrent requests correctly. Discussions on this is best done on the squid-dev list. Regards Henrik