Re: [squid-users] acl maxconn per file or url

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:13:25 +1200

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:50:30 -0700 (PDT), Chudy Fernandez
<chudy_fernandez_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think this well help
>
> acl maxcon maxconn 4
> acl partial rep_header Content-Range .*
> http_reply_access deny partial maxcon

I wonder....

What this _does_ is cause replies to be sent back to the client with all
range encoding and wrapping, but without the range position information or
other critical details in the Content-Range: header.

That is a very strange state for a reply to be in, the effect may be that
the client drops the request and tries again, or that it confuses the
partial response with a full response and fubars the users download.

This does not prevent Squid from fetching the multiple requests for ranges
in the first place, nor save any bandwidth used by Squid doing so.

Amos