Re: Fw: [squid-users] NTLM Auth and Java applets (Any update)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:15:30 +1200

I agree this does look like a good clean solution. I'll look at
implementing a small on/off toggle to do only this change for safer Java
bypass. May not be very soon though. What version of Squid are you using?

Meanwhile yes, you do have to add the option to the ./configure options and
re-compile = re-install Squid.
The install process if done right should not alter existing squid.conf and
be a simple drop-in to the existing install. But a backup is worth doing
just in case.
If currently using a packages Squid, you may want to contact the package
maintainer for any help on the configure and install steps.

Amos