Re: [squid-users] hello! Inquiry regarding squid-cache proxy server.

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 17:18:59 -0800

springspring wrote:
> Inquiry regarding squid-cache proxy server.
>
> In apache server environment, it supports rewrite by using "mod_rewrite"
> module.
> Below is a configure that if there is "GET method" it will process
> or send to
>
> "http://localhost:8080" during "REQUEST_MEHOD" calling.
>
> httpd.conf
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !^(GET)$
> RewriteRule .* - [L]
> RewriteRule .* http://localhost:8080%{REQUEST_URI} [P,QSA,L]
> RewriteRule .* - [L]
> AllowEncodedSlashes On
>
> Does squid-cache support smilliar feature like "rewrite"?
> I can only see below category in settings.
>
> squid.conf
> acl POST method POST
> no_cache deny POST
>
> Is it possible to process "POST method" to other port during
> "REQUEST_METHOD" calling?

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/url_rewrite_program/

You could use url_rewrite_access
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/url_rewrite_access/) with an ACL
that defines the get method...

acl GET method GET
url_rewrite_access !GET

...or, since the url_rewrite_program is sent the request method, only
have it act on non-GET (or specifically POST) requests.

Chris