Re: [squid-users] users bypassing rules.. Help!?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 03:19:10 +0200

sön 2009-07-12 klockan 20:15 -0700 skrev nyoman karna:
> I had the same problem,
> and after some discussion with the experts
> I believe there's nothing we can do to block user
> for using another http-proxy-service.

The only effective method is to

1. Have a terms-of-use which forbids using such proxy servers.

2. Actively enforce the terms-of-use by hunting down users not following
the rules.

Any purely technical blocking measures which isn't actively followed up
by policy actions will just lead to a war between you as proxy admin
making rules and your users trying to bypass whatever rules you set up.