[squid-users] compact the swap.state without restarting and rotating the logfiles ?

From: Dieter Bloms <squid_at_bloms.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:30:55 +0200

Hi,

I use squid 2.7.STABLE6 and let the logrotate mechanism roting the
logfiles.
After renameing the logfiles I call a "squid -k reconfigure", so squid
can open new logfiles.
But the swap.state is growing and growing.
When I restart squid, or when I do a "squid -k logrotate", then the
swap.state gets smaller, but with a "squid -k logrotate" I get many
logfile.[0-9] files, which I don't want.
So is there a command line option to let squid compact the swap.state
file without logfile rotation and without restarting squid ?

Thank you very much.

--
Best regards
  Dieter Bloms