Re: [squid-users] compact the swap.state without restarting and rotating the logfiles ?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 23:48:04 +1200

Dieter Bloms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use squid 2.7.STABLE6 and let the logrotate mechanism roting the
> logfiles.
> After renameing the logfiles I call a "squid -k reconfigure", so squid
> can open new logfiles.
> But the swap.state is growing and growing.

Yes, its an incremental journal. Growth is normal.

> When I restart squid, or when I do a "squid -k logrotate", then the
> swap.state gets smaller, but with a "squid -k logrotate" I get many
> logfile.[0-9] files, which I don't want.
> So is there a command line option to let squid compact the swap.state
> file without logfile rotation and without restarting squid ?

No command line option.

Set squid.conf option:
  logfile_rotate 0

This will leave Squid trusting the external logrotate mechanism to
rename the log files for it.
(NP: logrotate.d config uses postrotate to squid -k rotate right?)

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.10 or 3.1.0.11