Re: [squid-users] Squid not retaining cached objects between server restarts

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:06:10 +1200

RynoDJ wrote:
> I know. It's a 10GB cache. The biggest chunk of my downloads consist of
> Operating System updates. So, it should take me a while to fill it up.
>
> Just this two days ago I updated a clean install of Fedora 11 (+- 500MB).
> The same day I reinstalled and downloaded the same updates. It looked like
> none of the files were sourced from the cache. So, I stopped the downloads.
> Surely those files should have come from the cache...

Pick one of the URLs, throw it into www.redbot.org and see what comes out.
If its supposed to be cached, look in access.log for the rpm name
(filename only) and see if the URL domain is the same every time.

Amos

> Henrik Nordstrom-5 wrote:
>> sön 2009-07-26 klockan 07:37 -0700 skrev RynoDJ:
>>
>>> As a rule squid works pretty well, except that it seems to 'loose'
>>> objects
>>> from the cache when the machine is restarted and or after a few

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.10 or 3.1.0.11