Re: [squid-users] Conditional Caching

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:58:46 +1200

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:37:59 -0700 (PDT), xetorthio <ionathan_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi! I'm a brand new user of Squid and my question may sound a bit silly.
> Right now I have an application A that make HTTP requests to application
B.
> Those requests might be POST or GET.
> I put in the middle a squid to be able to cache some of the requests. I
can
> see a huge increase in performance. But for some reason my squid makes a
> GET
> request to B when receives a POST from the application A.

Thats not good.
What version of Squid is this and what does your configuration file
contain?
(without the config comments and empty lines please)

> Is there anyway to tell squid to ignore POST and just forward the request
> without doing anything. I would like to avoid that logic in application
A.
> In my case application B behaves different when requesting through POST
or
> GET, that's why I need squid to respect the original request method of
> application A.

Normally Squid does what you are asking. There must be something in the
config. URL re-writers or HTCP confusion comes to mind, but we can't really
say without seeing the details I mentioned above.

Amos