Re: [squid-users] https loop

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:14:56 +1200

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 22:54:10 -0500, Nick Parker <nickatuship_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'm sure this has been answered before, so i apologize for that, but i
> havent been able to find a suitable answer. I'm running 3.1.0.12 and
> am having an issue with an infinite loop for https. We have an
> httpd.ini file on the webserver itself that forces https for some
> pages. I can change the port it looks for to something besides 443.
> I've got it set up to listen for 8080 and treat that like 443 on the
> server. The issue im having is getting squid to hit the webserver as
> 8080 for these http requests. It looks like its hitting the webserver
> as 80. It seems straightforward enough so im sure im missing
> something.

Same peering as for the basic accelerator config (you have that already
right?)
but with a different port and the 'ssl' option.

cache_peer web.server.ip.address parent 8080 0 ssl name=ourHttps
acl our_domains dstdomain .example.com
cache_peer_access ourHttps allow our_domains
cache_peer_access ourHttps deny all

Amos