Re: [squid-users] Proxy header forwarding

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:22:24 +1200

Mr. K wrote:
> I’ve been reading about the cache_peer parameters and I add this line:
>
> cache_peer proxytest.com parent 3128 7 no-query login=PASS
>
> I thought that the login=PASS option would force squid to transfer all the
> authentications credentials to the next hop proxy, but I have the same
> behavior. the packets arrive with the Proxy_Authorization header but leave
> with out it.
>
> Any ideas to move on this issue?

Find out if the packets that you are seeing actually going to that peer
through the cache_peer defined link?
  This should appear in access.log as FIRST_UP_PARENT/ or similar. Any
entries of DIRECT/ are going to have the header stripped.
This is changed as needed by the allow_direct, never_direct and
cache_peer_access controls.

Also the ICP port "7" is not relevant. Use 0 to disable it.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.12