Re: [squid-users] What Headers to allow?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 22:45:40 +0200

fre 2009-07-31 klockan 10:17 -0700 skrev Justin Yaple:

> When I originally setup Squid I was using "whatsmyip.org" to make sure
> things were working correctly. I noticed it was displaying my
> internal IP address, and proxy server name. I didnt like that so I
> found by restricting header access I was able to limit what internal
> info was given, and only allowed the public IP address to be
> collected.

The proxy server name can be set in visible_hostname to anything you
like, just leave unique_hostname to something your clients will
recognize and resolve into an address of your proxy and you will be
fine.

The client IP is sent in X-Forwarded-For and there is specific
squid.conf settings for tuning this.