Re: [squid-users] What Headers to allow?

From: Justin Yaple <yaplej_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:17:16 -0700

Henrik Nordstrom>Generally blocking headers is a bad idea, and will
make both sites and various HTTP extensions break.

I have noticed that. Adding "header_access User-Agent allow all"
fixed most of my problems with different media types and such. For
example now Google Docs works fine. I think it could not detect the
browser type so was not allowing it to work. Also flash and other
media seems to be working

Henrik Nordstrom>And since you already allow Cookie there is very
little privacy to be gained from trying to limit headers at all..

When I originally setup Squid I was using "whatsmyip.org" to make sure
things were working correctly. I noticed it was displaying my
internal IP address, and proxy server name. I didnt like that so I
found by restricting header access I was able to limit what internal
info was given, and only allowed the public IP address to be
collected.