Re: [squid-users] how much RAM for squid proxy

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 23:41:13 +0200

On 01.08.09 10:17, qwertyjjj wrote:
> I have got no idea why people are forcing on huge RAM for squid. If you are
> not running graphical then 2gb is gotta be enough for you.

If you are running graphical enrivonment on machine wih squid, something's
broken there.

and the "huge ram" usually means that you nearly never have too much of RAM.
you need ram for squid's memory cache, buffers, disk cache etc etc.

> I suppose it depends on how squid is used.

precisely.

> Can squid limit bandwidth for each user?

there are delay_pools options available.

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...