Re: [squid-users] Squid high bandwidth IO issue (ramdisk SSD)

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 15:45:27 +0800

2009/8/2 smaugadi <adi_at_binat.net.il>:

> Dear Adrian,
> During the implementation we encountered issues with all kind of variables
> such as:
> Limit of file descriptors (now the squid is using 204800).
> TCP port range was low (increased to 1024 65535) TCP timers (changed them)
> The ip_conntrack and hash size were low (now 524288 262144 respectively)
>
> Now we are at a point that IO is the only issue.

What profiling have you done to support that? For example, one of the
issues I had which looked like IO performance was actually because the
controller was completely unhappy. Upgrading the firmware on the
controller card signficantly increased performance.

But I think you need to post some further information about the
problem. "IO" can be rooted in a lot of issues. :)

Adrian