Re: [squid-users] Squid high bandwidth IO issue (ramdisk SSD)

From: smaugadi <adi_at_binat.net.il>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 02:33:04 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Adrian,
Well my conclusion that this is an IO problem came from the fact that I see
huge IO waits as the volume of traffic increase (with tools such as mpstat),
when using ramdisk there is no such issue.
I have configured the SSD drive with ext2, no journal, noatime. Used the
“noop” I/O scheduler.
In /etc/fstab
/dev/sdb1 /cache ext2 defaults,noatime 1 2

hdparm results:
hdparm -t /dev/sdb1

/dev/sdb1:
 Timing buffered disk reads: 304 MB in 3.01 seconds = 100.93 MB/sec

----
hdparm -T /dev/sdb1
/dev/sdb1:
 Timing cached reads:   4192 MB in  2.00 seconds = 2096.58 MB/sec
Any ideas?
Regards.