Re: [squid-users] Squid - Not replace source IP address

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:11:50 -0800

casket88 wrote:
> Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:
>
>> NP: Your word 'transparently redirected' appears to mean 'routed' in that
>> paragraph. Please use the word 'transparent' less
>> /rant.
>>

> The useage of the word "transparent" is in reference to the users, it is
> transparent to them. Transparent is a good word, I think I'll use it more.

Since it is transparent to your USERS, feel free to use the term
"transparent" in your discourse with THEM. Since, from Squid's
perspective, the traffic is INTERCEPTED, and ROUTED, you would be better
off using those terms when addressing the Squid users mailing list. The
key to effective communication is a common vocabulary.

Then again, perhaps you are claiming your users are transparent, in
which case you should disregard the previous paragraph.

> Regardless, I will look in to TPROXY.
>
> Thanks.

Chris