Re: [squid-users] No http responce via local device

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 21:26:48 +1200

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> mickymax_at_gmx.de wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> since squid3S12, I can see a behaviour I quite don't understand. I am
>> using squid as reverse proxy with http_access allow all, listening on
>> port 80.
>>
>> A request like
>> echo -e "GET http://<some_url> HTTP/1.0\n\n" | netcat <squid_ip> 80
>>
>> simply returns nothing, done locally on the squid server. Not even an
>> error message.
>> The same request from a different server returns valid content.
>>
>> No firewall is running on the squid server. I can see that the tcp
>> handshake squid is making seems to be strange, for squid sends a RST
>> command (again: only if I do the request locally on the squid server).
>>
>> Since this behaviour is new with stable12, there seems to be something
>> new in squid.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> You may be hitting the issue which forced 3.0.STABLE13 to be released.
> Check cache.log for "!eof" or try 3.0.STABLE13.

Bah. Sorry, plese disregard that. I'm mixing up version numbers.

Possibly parts of the URL need to be properly URL-encoded.
The terminating \n\n should be \r\n\r\n

3.0.STABLE12 is a bit old anyway, please try with 3.0.STABLE18.

If the problem remains please answer the following:
  does cache.log mentions anything for the request?
  how is the reverse proxy configured?
  what is the URL used for testing?

Amos

--