Re: [squid-users] No http responce via local device

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:34:55 +0200

ons 2009-08-05 klockan 09:35 +0200 skrev mickymax_at_gmx.de:

> since squid3S12, I can see a behaviour I quite don't understand. I am using squid as reverse proxy with http_access allow all, listening on port 80.
>
> A request like
> echo -e "GET http://<some_url> HTTP/1.0\n\n" | netcat <squid_ip> 80
>
> simply returns nothing, done locally on the squid server. Not even an error message.
> The same request from a different server returns valid content.

Apart from the issue mentioned by Amos another possibility is the
version of netcat used. There is many versions of netcat out there with
different behavior when seeing "end-of-file" in stdin. Your pipe to
netcat ends as soon as the echo have been sent, which is a little too
early if you also want Squid to act on the request and send back a
response..

Try this:

( echo -e "GET http://<some_url> HTTP/1.0\n\n" ; sleep 30 ) | netcat <squid_ip> 80