Re: [squid-users] End-to-end reload?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 03:47:24 +0200

ons 2009-08-05 klockan 13:10 -0700 skrev Ric:

> Yes, that is what I meant. Squid passes the request through, leaving
> it's cache untouched. Apache on the other hand appears to expire it's
> cache in the process (although I have not yet tested this).

Squid do expires the old cache entry when seeing the new response.

> I've re-read the relevant spec a few times and I'm still not sure
> which behavior is the correct one. Any thoughts?

Specs only say "The server MUST NOT use a cached copy when responding to
such a request" and goes not go into implementation details on how that
requirement is fulfilled.

Both methods is perfectly fine as far as the specs is concerned, but I
like the Squid method better as it allows other clients to access the
cached copy at the same time, only switching to the new
representation/response once it becomes available.