Re: [squid-users] Howto run Internet Explorer without proxy setting in Internet Options

From: Andrej van der Zee <andrejvanderzee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 22:26:27 +0900

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

> So far in only two posts you have asked how to do three very different
> things.

Maybe I should explain the problem I have then. I live in Japan but
want to be able to see Dutch Football from the Internet. There is such
a service but it only allows connections from within Holland. So I set
up a Squid proxy server in Holland and configured Internet Explorer in
Japan to use the proxy server. But, somehow the football service still
knows I am not in Holland. I found in their FAQ that configuring
Internet Explorer through a proxy does not work, even if you are in
Holland. So somehow I want to circumvent using the browser settings.
Is there any way?

Thank you,
Andrej