Re: [squid-users] various squid instances on same server

From: Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:20:19 -0300

Enrique escreveu:
> thats ok, now i can use same cache ( cache_dir aufs /var/cache/squid
> 10240 256 256 ) on all squid instances???
> i will use with same authentication method

    different authentications methods is one of the only reasons for
running multiple instances on the same machine.

    if you're using the same authentication method, then you probably
dont need to run multiple instances.

    No, you cannot DIRECTLY have different instances sharing the same
cache_dir. You can choose one instance for being the 'parent' proxy and
all the other instances getting chained to this one, so you'd end up
with all proxies using the same cache_dir. But DIRECTLY on squid.conf,
you cannot do that.

    please, study about tcp_outgoing_address as it seems to be enough to
meet your initial requirements. I really dont think you need multiple
instances at all by your initial email.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues