RE: [squid-users] "moved permanently" loop detection

From: Mike Mitchell <Mike.Mitchell_at_sas.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:00:39 -0400

He got hit with another one today. The access log fills to the
maximum file size, then squid dies.

Having squid return a reasonable error to the client may be a
problem. It would probably be sufficient if squid did not cache
the 301/302 return if the Location: field points to the requested
URL. We'd still have the loop, but the remote access to the
web server will rate-limit the loop and make it more apparent to
the web administrators.

Mike Mitchell