[squid-users] rewriter/redirector question

From: Leonardo Carneiro <lscarneiro_at_veltrac.com.br>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:33:26 -0300

Hello everyone,

Sometime ago i blocked some popular social network sites. However, some
users manage to access those sites using sites like atunnel and others.
Since blocking every single proxy site on the web is a invencible task,
i chose to teach the users a little funny lesson, like redirecting then
to durty porn site in front of the others when they tried to access a
known forbidden site, before sending then serious notifications, and
stuff like that.

Researching about how to do that, i just created a acl selecting those
sites, and my failure url is a html file with a javascript code that
sends to another site:

    <!--
    To change this template, choose Tools | Templates
    and open the template in the editor.
    -->
      <head>
        <title></title>
            <script>
                window.location = "<some_site>";
                    </script>
      </head>

Since rewriter/redirector looked to complicated to me at the time, and
this was a very efficient solution, i leaved in that way.

The question is: what i'm missing using a "dumb" solucion like this one
instead of the rewriter/redirector?

--
*Leonardo de Souza Carneiro*
*Veltrac - Tecnologia em Logística.*