Re: [squid-users] squid 3.1: How to setup a Squid SSL reverse proxy for a parent SSL Squid proxy?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:47:08 +0200

tis 2009-08-11 klockan 08:47 -0700 skrev chrischni:

> am i getting this wrong, or does that mean, that we donĀ“t need to specify a
> sslcert in the cache_peer line?

Only if you want Squid to authenticate to the webserver using a client
side certificate.

> should he connect to the sharepoint with ssl when i just use that??:

Yes, but you probably also need to tell it where to find the CA
certificate of the issuing CA. Depends a little on your OpenSSL
installation and if the CA is already known to OpenSSL.

If the sharepoint server is using a self-signed certificate then the
servers certificate can be used as the CA.

see the sslcapath, sslcafile, sslcrlfile and sslflags options to
cache_peer for details on certificate locations and peer verificaiton
options.