[squid-users] Issue with multiple Squids / TPROXY / WCCP and DNS load balancing

From: Richard Wall <richard_at_the-moon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 18:28:30 +0100

Hello,

I'm seeing exactly the same problem as was described in this email (in 2004):
 * http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200407/0008.html

The http client does a DNS lookup, then Squid repeats the DNS lookup
and receives a different host IP - which means that Squid makes it's
proxy request to a different IP than the original request. Our theory
is that the WCCP router redirects the response to the wrong Squid.

Anyone else seen the same problem? Anyone got a work around? In that
mailing list thread, Henrik had suggested that someone needs to submit
a patch to allow Squid to connect to the same IP address as the client
connection, but I can't tell if anyone has done this yet.

Look forward to hearing from anyone with answers.

Squid 2.7 STABLE6

-RichardW.