[squid-users] SQUID PAC-File and JAVA (1.6.11)

From: Volker Jahns <volker.jahns_at_rentokil.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:20:34 +0200

Hi all

Maybe my question is a little bit OT but I do not know for now a better
address.

We have a lot of IE clients here with a url..proxy.pac file as proxy
configuration and without automatically finding a proxy server. Whenever we
use SSL explorer and a JAVA program the final sync failed. If I change the
configuration to the same manual proxy server and its port it works.

Have anyone a link to description or a description how the IE (Version 6 and
7), the proxy url configuration file, JAVA and in the end the proxy work
together?

Thx