[squid-users] Re: Squid 3.1 icap clamav

From: John Andrunas <john_at_andrunas.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:32:05 -0700

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:10 AM, John Andrunas<john_at_andrunas.net> wrote:
> I am having trouble getting squid 3.1 configured with icap and clamav.
>  I have it working with squid 3.0 but using the information on
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ICAP I just get ICAP
> communication failed, nothing is getting logged in the icap logs so I
> am fairly sure that it is a squid config issue.
>
> --
> John

my squid.conf has the following lines in it

icap_enable on
icap_preview_enable on
icap_preview_size 128
icap_send_client_ip on
icap_service service_avi_req reqmod_precache 0
icap://localhost:1344/srv_clamav
adaptation_access service_avi_req allow all
icap_service service_avi respmod_precache 1
icap://localhost:1344/srv_clamav
adaptation_access service_avi_resp allow all

nothing seems to get to icap (at least not logged), and I get the
following error

    ICAP protocol error.

The system returned: [No Error]

This means that some aspect of the ICAP communication failed.

Some possible problems are:

    *

      The ICAP server is not reachable.
    *

      An Illegal response was received from the ICAP server.

If I remove teh adaptation_access lines I can browse, but nothing goes to icap.

Any help?

--
John