Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid 3.1 icap clamav

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:17:59 +1200

John Andrunas wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:10 AM, John Andrunas<john_at_andrunas.net> wrote:
>> I am having trouble getting squid 3.1 configured with icap and clamav.
>> I have it working with squid 3.0 but using the information on
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ICAP I just get ICAP
>> communication failed, nothing is getting logged in the icap logs so I
>> am fairly sure that it is a squid config issue.
>>
>> --
>> John
>>
> my squid.conf has the following lines in it
>
> icap_enable on
> icap_preview_enable on
> icap_preview_size 128
> icap_send_client_ip on
> icap_service service_avi_req reqmod_precache 0
> icap://localhost:1344/srv_clamav
> adaptation_access service_avi_req allow all
> icap_service service_avi respmod_precache 1
> icap://localhost:1344/srv_clamav
> adaptation_access service_avi_resp allow all
>
> nothing seems to get to icap (at least not logged), and I get the
> following error
>

> ICAP protocol error.
>
> The system returned: [No Error]
>
> This means that some aspect of the ICAP communication failed.
>
> Some possible problems are:
>
> *
>
> The ICAP server is not reachable.
> *
>
> An Illegal response was received from the ICAP server.
>

> If I remove teh adaptation_access lines I can browse, but nothing goes to icap.
>
> Any help?

What 3.1 release are you using?
The bump in 3.1 recently to add service chains may have altered things.
You may need to add a "adaptation_service_chain" directive with the name
of your reqmod service.

If that does not fix it we shall have to try and locate the author Alex
when he gets back in a few days to check/update the documentation properly.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13