[squid-users] cannot entry cachemgr.cgi

From: Gontzal <gontzalp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:25:27 +0200

Hi everybody!!

Iīve installed apache on my squid box for testing cachemgr.cgi, but
when all is installed, I can't entry to cache manager, it ask for a
user and a password I donīt know, I've tried multiple users/passw but
always the same message:

"The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
cache_object://saturno.iipp.int/

Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request
cache_object://saturno.iipp.int/ from this cache until you have
authenticated yourself."

I've changed the entry on cachemgr.conf form "localhost" to
"saturno.iipp.int:3128" with no result

I've set "cachemgr_passwd password all" and tried it with users (root,
squid, admin, webmaster, manager, etc) and nothing

It is not the same error that other posts I've seen. Going trough the
documentation at http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CacheManager it
says about configuring with apache2:

"First, make sure the cgi-bin directory you're using is listed with a
ScriptAlias in your Apache config. In the Apache config there is a
sub-directory /etc/apache2/conf.d for application specific settings
(unrelated to any specific site). Create a file conf.d/squid
containing this..."

On my installation there isn't any conf.d sub-directory, not in /etc
neither on /usr/local/apache2 (default directory). Should I create it?
Where?

I don't know what more to do, so if anyone can help I'd appreciate.

Thanks a lot!