Re: [squid-users] Newbie Question

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:33:58 -0800

RoLaNd RoLaNd wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I’m sure this might be considered a newbie question to most of you.
>
> Is there a way that I could limit certain users who bypass a certain quota per day ?
>
> Let me explain. Lets say user A exceeded a previously set allowed quota of 100 MB per day.
> I want him to be moved from the default delay pool to a new limited delay pool.
> Is it possible?

Yes.

> How can I do it ?

With an external ACL. See external_acl_type and delay_access for more info.

> Another question, I have a huge blacklist that I’d like of squid to block.
> Around 10 000 url and domain..
> Each time I add it to a test acl/rule it works perfectly. Only desired urls/domains are blocked.
> Though when I apply the rule to all users.. Everything gets an access denied error including urls/domains which do not exist in the specified ACL..
> Is it a thing with squid that it cannot check a big file?

It can, but doing so is processor intensive. Separate as much as you
can into a dstdomain acl and block on that first.
As for why you are having problems, there must be a difference between
your test acl/rule pair and your applies-to-users acl/rule pair.

> Thanks for your help in advance..
>
> Best,
> Roland

Chris