[squid-users] Newbie Question

From: RoLaNd RoLaNd <r_o_l_a_n_d_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:13:21 +0300

Hi all,

I’m sure this might be considered a newbie question to most of you.

Is there a way that I could limit certain users who bypass a certain quota per day ?

Let me explain. Lets say user A exceeded a previously set allowed quota of 100 MB per day.
I want him to be moved from the default delay pool to a new limited delay pool.
Is it possible? How can I do it ?

Another question, I have a huge blacklist that I’d like of squid to block.
Around 10 000 url and domain..
Each time I add it to a test acl/rule it works perfectly. Only desired urls/domains are blocked.
Though when I apply the rule to all users.. Everything gets an access denied error including urls/domains which do not exist in the specified ACL..
Is it a thing with squid that it cannot check a big file?

Thanks for your help in advance..

Best,
Roland