Re: [squid-users] squid at startup

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 02:25:17 -0700 (PDT)

From: Eugene Ciervo <joesat2778_at_gmail.com>
> in order to safeguard my squid's integrity and preventing other users
> exploiting my configuration when i'm not around. i've set my system to
> autologin as user with administrative privileges

Are you sure having your pc autologin as an admin user is secure...?
You should fix the init.d boot failure instead...
Can you post the differences between the original squid.conf that starts and your squid.conf?
You must have changed something like squid user (see write access), cache_dir or something...
Do you have any logs?

JD