Re: [squid-users] Failing disk handling...

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:17:26 +1200

John Doe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering, since it is advised to avoid RAID for the store_dirs, how "gracefuly" would squid handle a disk failure ...?
> Will it just remove the bad disk store_dir and continue to function normaly with the remaining disks?
>
> Thx,
> JD

Most Squid do not handle it. Instant crash.

The newer ones have partial recovery for some types of failure on some
types of disk. Partial disk failure resulting in corruption is handled
easily. Loss of access to the device is still a crash on all but COSS
store types.

Further work has been done, but the results still have yet to be made
public by the authors.

Amos

--
Please be using