[squid-users] sometimes the users canīt visit any webpage

From: Jesus Angeles <jangeles_at_confidesolutions.com.pe>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:07:49 -0500

Hi all, I have a problem. Three weeks ago I installed Squid 2.7.STABLE3 +
Dansguardian 2.10.1.1 in GNU/Linux Ubuntu Server 9.04. First week was ok,
but the service was started to fail, sometimes (once or twice for day ) the
users canīt visit any webpage, the web browser shows a blank page (delay on
load), in those moment I check:
- The squid service is running.
- The dansguardian is ok, because if the users try visit a prohibited
web, It shows the access denied page.
- The logfile (access.log) is generating logs (I checked with tail
-f).
- The memory and HD space is ok (I have configured 256 MB in cache_mem
and 4096 MB in cache_dir)
Then, in those moments, I have to execute “/etc/init.d/squid reload” to
solve the problem.

What could be happening?

Regards,

Jesus