Re: [squid-users] sometimes the users canīt visit any webpage

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 22:45:26 +1200

Jesus Angeles wrote:
> Hi all, I have a problem. Three weeks ago I installed Squid 2.7.STABLE3 +
> Dansguardian 2.10.1.1 in GNU/Linux Ubuntu Server 9.04. First week was ok,
> but the service was started to fail, sometimes (once or twice for day ) the
> users canīt visit any webpage, the web browser shows a blank page (delay on
> load), in those moment I check:
> - The squid service is running.
> - The dansguardian is ok, because if the users try visit a prohibited
> web, It shows the access denied page.
> - The logfile (access.log) is generating logs (I checked with tail
> -f).
> - The memory and HD space is ok (I have configured 256 MB in cache_mem
> and 4096 MB in cache_dir)
> Then, in those moments, I have to execute “/etc/init.d/squid reload” to
> solve the problem.
>
> What could be happening?

Anything could be happening.

init.d 'reload' is also known as 'squid -k reconfigure'. Which closes
all network connections, reads the config file again and restarts all of
Squid internal processes.

Look in your cache.log for any useful information. Change the
debug_options setting to a higher logging level if there is nothing there.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13