Re: [squid-users] Java not working behind squid

From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh_at_gcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:43:13 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009, Tejpal Amin wrote:

> Try putting this acl
>
> acl Java browser Java/1.4 Java/1.5 Java/1.6
> http_access allow Java
>
> This worked for me when using NTLauth.

Thanks, though I'm not the one in need of a solution and I'm not that keen
to give Java full unauthenticated browsing rights.

Perhaps Truth Seeker(?) might try that though.

Am I to understand that Java is just really bad at NTLM auth, so much so
that people just whitelist it for unauthenticated access?

Gavin