[squid-users] Squid 3 multi-homed on OpenSuSe 11.1 setup problem

From: Phil_Smith <smithp2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 06:57:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I have installed SQUID 3 on an OpenSuSe 11.1 server fitted with 2 NICs.
NIC1 is connected to a Broadband router. NIC 2 is connected to an internal
LAN.

I followed the instructions in the squid.conf file to set the http_port to
the internal NIC address (in this case 10.1.2.25:3128). When I try to
access the internet from a pc on the LAN with the proxy set to 10.1.2.25,
port 3128 nothing happens. Connection times out.

I have run SQUID in debug mode and tried connecting from the Squid server
wvia squidconsole, and connection works (connecting from 127.0.0.0).

I installed wireshark on the Squid server and ran a capture on the LAN NIC
while trying to connect. All I saw was SYN packets from the originating PC.
No ACKs were sent from the Squid server.

I don't know if what I have said makes a great deal of sense, but does
anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong (routing is NOT set up between
the LAn & WAN NICs).