Re: [squid-users] Troubleshooting specific web sites access problems behind squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 22:16:49 +1200

pent 5971 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can we can ffind out and troubleshoot the opening problem of some
> files behind squid? Like some are tooo sloooww, or some doesnt open
> properly but sometimes do?
>
> Thanks

step 1) locate an example URL that is particularly slow on a regular basis.

step 2) check the cacheability engine
(http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py and/or
http://www.redbot.org/) to see if there are any problems the webserver
is forcing Squid to cope with.

step 3) check cache.log at various levels to see what Squid does when
fetching it.

step 4) do regular network traces, pings, log checking as you would for
the problem if Squid was not there.

Amos

--
Please be using